Med32 is committed to protecting the privacy of each and every user. We use the information we collect from you to process orders and to offer you a customized and valuable user experience.
What information is collected?
Types of information we collect may include:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Dental license number or DEA number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version)
- Geo-location location
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
Med32 asks for the physician’s Medical License number or DEA number only if an order is placed for an item requiring its provision (such as anesthetics).
Med32 gathers traffic patterns and site usage information to improve the design and layout of the site and personalize your shopping experience. None of this information can be used to determine the identity of any user.
Automated information collection
In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, the performance of our marketing efforts; and your response to those marketing efforts.
Third-party automated collection and personalized advertising
Med32 participates in personalized advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online. Med32 adheres to the self-regulatory principles for personalized advertising.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our website. This information is used to serve ads for Med32 products when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie, or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
User experience information
In order to improve your online shopping experiences, help with fraud identification and assist our customer relations representatives in resolving issues you may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g. information entered during checkout process) and browser information.
Social media ads
We may display targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, we may target customers who have expressed an interest in shopping for medical supplies. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with social media platforms. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
Information from other sources
We collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information).
This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
How is your information used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, or on our website, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding customer service via our chat and support center, or on social media platforms.
- Provide services such as a shopping list
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, lidocaine)
- Allow you to search for products and check prices, provide product ratings and reviews, track your orders, and update information, etc.
- Deliver promotional offers, newsletters, receipt messages, emails, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website, such as product reviews or Weekly Specials, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys and focus groups
- Improve the effectiveness of our website experience and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business (e.g. product recalls)
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How does Med32 protect user information?
Currently Med32 uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect your data and secure your transactions. SSL encrypts all your personal information, including your credit card number, name and address as it is transmitted over the Internet. This encryption makes business transactions over the Internet even more secure than purchasing by telephone.
Med32 also uses secure Web pages to take orders and display sensitive information. None of your information can be accessed or released without your consent, and all information is stored in a secure database behind a firewall. Your account is accessible only with your user name and password.
Furthermore, under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your credit card provider cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges.
If you prefer, you can always send us your credit card information by fax, telephone, or U.S. mail. For more information, contact Med32 customer service.
How do you access & update your personal information?
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created a Med32.com account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing, shipping, and licensing information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 996-3832 M-F 8am-8pm ET with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
What choices do you have?
If you do not wish to receive promotional telephone calls, Email email@example.com or call (877) 996-3832 M-F 8am-8pm ET with your first and last name and telephone number to opt out. This opt out does not apply to operational phone calls (e.g., confirmation of delivery address).
Med32 may send promotional emails such as weekly specials and other various products and services. If you don’t want to receive this information, you can opt out at any time. Simply visit the “My Account” section of the site and under “Manage Email Subscriptions” simply click on the button which reads “Click Here to Unsubscribe”.
You may select specific emails to receive, please visit the “Med32 Email Subscription” page. Enter in your Email address and click the “Subscribe to list” button. Click on the link in the message to modify your email preferences:
firstname.lastname@example.org is already subscribed to list Med32 Email Subscription. Click here to update your profile.
Let us know how we’re doing
If you have any questions or comments about our policies, please Contact Us here.